Assistant Project Coordinator
Office of Design & Construction
This individual will assist with the overall coordination and timely completion of design and/or construction projects statewide working within a team environment. Occasional travel within New York State will be anticipated.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Be supportive of Fund leadership in mission and purpose.
- Recognize your assigned campus(s) as the customer and assure their satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain workload planning and staff utilization reports.
- Assist with the performance of job site inspections
- Assist in maintaining project records and logs, both electronically and hard copy, for project management.
- Assist staff with the processing of extra compensation authorizations (ECA's), change/field orders, payments, and the close-out of contracts.
- Seek knowledge about job skills and the Fund
- Identify problems to your supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field. Five (5) years' experience in design or construction. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for 5 years’ experience. Must be familiar with the Building Code of New York State. Effective communication and written skills. Capable of working within a team environment. Fundamental understanding of design and/or construction practices and office procedures. Ability to interpret contract documents.
An excellent fringe benefit package is available.