Assistant Project Manager (Assistant Coordinator)
Office of Design & Construction
This individual will assist with the overall coordination and timely completion of design and/or construction projects statewide working within a team environment. Occasional travel within New York State will be anticipated.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Assist with project design and construction phase review and management.
- Assist with Job Order Contracting (JOCs) project initiations and construction.
- Assist with claims review and management.
- Assist with project schedule reviews and updates.
- Assist with project records and logs for project management, and generate reports as needed.
- Assist with cash flow and other data in our project management systems.
- Assist with processing of consultant extra compensation authorizations (ECAs), pay recs, and contract closeouts.
- Assist with processing of contractor change and field orders, pay recs and contract closeout documents.
- Participate and/or run project meetings.
- May be asked to occasionally manage any or all of the above tasks on smaller, less complex projects.
- Become a Code Enforcement Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field. An Associate's degree with 5 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. Effective communication and written skills. Capable of working within a team environment. Fundamental understanding of design and/or construction practices and office procedures. Ability to interpret contract documents. Interest in Net Zero Carbon and Deep Energy Retrofit a plus.
An excellent fringe benefit package is available.