Senior Project Coordinator
Office of Design & Construction - Operations
Senior Project Coordinators manage capital funded projects for specific campuses, from the execution of a design consultant agreement to the closeout of a construction contract. They perform the full range of technical and administrative duties requiring high degrees of judgment, creativity, and resourcefulness.
In the design phase, this position manages the consultant to ensure the programmatic need of the Campus is met and the project is executed in a timely manner, on budget. Meet and confer with Campus, other State entities, SUNY System Administration for project review, project requirements and programmatic need.
In the construction phase, this position manages the consultant and contractor to ensure the timely completion of a project constructed in accordance with the contract documents. This individual is responsible for the processing of change and field orders, extra compensation authorizations, and payment applications. Individual must have a strong understanding of construction practices and construction management procedures.
Senior Project Coordinators will supervise staff and/or be assigned larger and more complex projects. Travel within New York State is required.
Senior Project Coordinators will be required to complete NYS DOS training to secure and maintain Code Enforcement Officer Certification.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Maintain project records in the various SUCF systems
- Perform Selection Committee duties as required
- Coordinate and lead on-site meetings with project stakeholders, to include campus presidents and project executives.
- Review all submissions for compliance to SUCF's Bulletins and Directives
- Review all document submissions for programmatic requirements
- Process change orders, field orders, and payment applications. Prepare Extra Compensation Authorization (ECA) requests
- Interface with Consultants, Contractors, and Campus to coordinate activities and resolve issues
- Initiate and track project funding requests
- Review all submissions for technical adherence and constructability
- Coordinate bidding and awarding of documents
- Perform periodic site inspections
- Recommend and process project acceptance documentation
- Review for Building Code compliance and sign building permits
- Maintain certification as a Code Enforcement Officer
- Mentor and/or supervise staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering or related construction field; plus 15 years' experience in the building design and construction industry. Professional license may be substituted for up to 5 years' experience. Supervisory experience is a plus. Strong knowledge of principles, practices, procedures and costs of architectural and engineering projects. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide technical and contractual direction to consultants and contractors. General knowledge of Fund policies and procedures. Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to mentor/supervise staff, ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
An excellent fringe benefit package is available.