Administrative Assistant I
Office of Design & Construction
The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York's building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, seeks an energetic and motivated individual to join our Design and Construction team in Albany, NY as Administrative Assistant I. This individual functions as a staff assistant and performs a wide range of administrative duties and activities at the discretion of the Directors of Design and Construction. The Administration Assistant has frequent oral and written communications with a variety of individuals and is frequently engaged in exchanging information regarding Design and Construction Units with internal staff, campus personnel, SUNY staff, external control agencies and the public. Accordingly, the individual must be precise, direct, courteous, and professional both verbally and when preparing draft written communication. The individual must be capable of adapting to changing priorities and situations and understand the importance of confidential information and be able to maintain it as such.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Design and Construction Units.
- Assist in software understanding and troubleshooting.
- Answer phones, screen calls, and take accurate messages.
- Assist in the construction bid process.
- Assist in maintaining project records and logs, both electronically and hard copy, for design and construction management, commissioning and project close-out.
- Assist in management of consultant and contractor payments.
- Assist in personnel travel arrangements.
- Review correspondence to determine its significance and its appropriate distribution.
- Assist in project document archiving process.
- Research and gather data relevant to questions or problems in order to provide a basis for reply or decision.
- Support the Design and Construction Units with administrative duties such as equipment requests, ordering of supplies, and scheduling work.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, and draft minutes as needed.
- Prepare reports and analyses to track and manage project activity and organizational effectiveness.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks in support of organizational and campus initiatives as required.
- Assist with special assignments as needed including but not limited to the preparation of Design and Construction Units reports.
- Other duties may include updating project schedules and project capitalization data in Fund systems.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- An Associate's degree in a related field plus a minimum of two years of relevant experience or a High School Diploma plus a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Additional requirements include:
- Excellent skills with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and use business management software.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of administrative and management principles and techniques.
- Ability to interpret inquiries and issues and route to appropriate management staff.
- Ability to establish a working relationship with line and staff personnel.
- Demonstrates judgment and discretion in matters of confidentiality.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State retirement, generous health, dental, vacation, sick and personal time.