The State University Construction Fund (Fund) is currently seeking a Junior Programmer/Analyst to join our Information Services team at our office in Albany, NY.
The Junior Programmer/Analyst develops and maintains web-based applications using defined procedures, this includes supporting end users; provides documentation; develops standard reports from enterprise data; provides tools for and supports users in accessing data for ad-hoc needs; analyzes enterprise data using standard database language.
Specific Duties & Functions:
- Assist Development Team in developing and maintaining web-based database applications.
- Gain knowledge of the Fund's application development environment.
- Develop SQL queries for consumption by applications or analysis.
- Educate and support end users as necessary.
- Establish test data, test, and debug programs.
- Develop and maintain a user data dictionary.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in information technology.
- Basic web-based application development experience.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Four years additional related experience can be substituted for bachelor's degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State Pension/Retirement, Health Insurance (including Rx, Dental, and Vision), Vacation, Sick, Personal time, 13 paid holidays, and much more!