Senior Project Coordinator (Design Services)
Office of Design & Construction
The State University Construction Fund (Fund) is seeking an individual that will be responsible for managing Capital Design projects for specific campuses, from execution of a consultant agreement to execution of a construction contract(s). They perform the full range of professional architectural and/or engineering activities requiring a high degree of technical judgment and resourcefulness in planning, design, and construction, with minimal supervision.
This position manages the consultant to ensure the programmatic need of the Campus is met and the project is executed in a timely manner and within budget. Meet and confer with Campus, or other entities to determine project requirements and programmatic needs. A Senior Project Coordinator is expected to administer a larger volume of projects with more complex scopes. A Senior Project Coordinator may supervise junior staff and mentor new staff. Work independently but report as appropriate as circumstances evolve. Travel within New York State, sometimes overnight, is required
Specific Duties & Functions:
- Coordinate and manage meetings between campus personnel and consultant.
- Review all document submissions for programmatic requirements.
- Review all submissions for compliance to SUCF's Bulletins and Directives.
- Review all submissions for technical adherence and constructability.
- Review for Building Code compliance and sign building permits.
- Coordinate bidding and awarding of documents.
- Act as liaison between campus and consultant.
- Maintain schedules, cash flows and other data in SUCF systems and applications.
- Maintain certification as a Code Enforcement Officer.
- Perform Selection Committee duties as required.
- Mentor and/or supervise junior staff.
- Assist team members in the construction phase as required.
- Provide supervision of projects and associate project coordinators in the administration of projects.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
An Associate's (with a NYS professional license), Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering or related construction field; plus 15 years experience in the building design and construction industry. A professional license may be substituted for up to 5 years experience with a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Supervisory experience preferred.
Working knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating design and construction. Effective written and verbal communication skills, fundamental understanding of design and construction documentation and practices, working knowledge of design and construction contracts, strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office. Ability to work with minimal supervision and mentor/supervise junior staff as requested, ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State retirement, generous health, dental, vacation, sick and personal time.