The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York's building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, seeks an energetic and motivated individual to join our team in Albany, NY as Controller. This position is responsible for the oversight, management and coordination of the Fund's Controller's Office which is responsible for the accounting, insurance, internal controls, and Enterprise Risk Management functions for the Fund.
Specific Duties & Functions:
- Establish, maintain and manage the organizations accounting policies, procedures and operations which include but are not limited to:
- Internal Accounting Systems and the Statewide Financial System (SFS)
- Compliance and internal control monitoring and reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Integration of the Fund's information into the State University's annual financial statements
- Liaison with Office of the State Comptroller and the NYS Division of the Budget
- Financial and management reporting
- Capital Program reporting
- Annual and statutory reporting
- Data reconciliation
- Development, implementation of consultant and contractor contracts
- Processing consultant and contractor contracts, related capital payments, and operating payments internally, and coordinate their execution with the Office of the State Comptroller
- Oversee and manage the Fund's accounting, accounts payable, appropriations and contracts maintenance functions and staff.
- Coordinates the annual financial statement audit with the Fund's independent auditors, as well as, external internal control audits.
- Serve as the Fund's Internal Control Officer and lead the Internal Control Advisory Committee in identifying, evaluating and testing internal controls.
- Manage the implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management program for the Fund.
- Manage the implementation of contractual insurance requirements and supervise the monitoring of insurance compliance on all Fund contracts.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance and 15 years of accounting and operational experience with 5 years in a managerial position is required. A post-graduate degree or CPA license is strongly preferred. Experience with a governmental agency, including working knowledge and experience with the Office of the State Comptroller's policies and procedures is preferred. Knowledge of design and construction contracts and procurement procedures is desired. Familiarity with architectural and construction industry practices and the ability to effectively identify and address contractual issues and enforce related requirements is desired. The ability to utilize information technology applications associated with accounting, finance and procurement to provide integrated systemic reports is required. Excellent written and verbal communication is a must.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State retirement, generous health, dental, vacation, sick and personal time.