Design Project Manager
Office of Design & Construction
The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York's building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, seeks an energetic and motivated individual to join our Design and Construction team in Albany, NY as Design Project Manager. The Design Project Manager is responsible for managing capital projects for specific campuses from execution of a consultant agreement to execution of a construction contract(s), manages consultants that are contracted by the Fund to ensure the programmatic need of the Campus is met and the project is executed in a timely manner and within budget, and meets and confers with Campus and other State entities to determine project requirements and programmatic needs.
The individual in this role will also assist team members during the construction phase of a project and assist Program Management with project development in the planning phase.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage meetings between campus personnel and consultants.
- Review all document submissions for programmatic requirements.
- Review all submissions for compliance to SUCF's Bulletins and Directives.
- Review all submissions for technical adherence and constructability.
- Review for Building Code compliance and sign building permits.
- Coordinate bidding and awarding of documents.
- Act as liaison between Campus and consultant.
- Maintain schedules, cash flows and other data in SUCF systems and applications.
- Maintain certification as a Code Enforcement Officer.
- Perform Selection Committee duties as required.
- Travel within New York State, sometimes overnight, is required.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Associates degree with 10 years experience (professional license may be substituted for 3 years experience); or a Bachelor's or Masters degree with 10 years experience (license may be substituted for 5 years experience); or 15 years experience with a professional license. Working knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating design and construction, including the Building Codes of New York State. Effective communication and written skills. Fundamental understanding of construction practices and construction management practices and procedures. Ability to understand contract documents. Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office and SUCF project management applications. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
$80,453 - $112,130
Offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State Pension/Retirement, Health Insurance (including Rx, Dental, and Vision), Vacation, Sick, Personal time, 13 paid holidays, and much more!