Director - Capital Procurement
The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York's building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, is seeking a Director - Capital Procurement to join our team at our office in Albany, NY. This individual will be responsible for leading the office that oversees the procurement of design consultants and construction related firms necessary to advance the $4B SUNY Capital Program. The Director will also be responsible for recommending and implementing procedures for the efficient and effective procurement and delivery of Fund projects.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises Fund staff employed within the Capital Procurement unit.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of the Capital Procurement process from procurement initiation to contract execution.
- Acts as a resource to Fund staff on a variety of procurement related matters and assists staff with employing methodologies that best meet project goals.
- Provides training and consultation to various SUCF employees regarding procurement issues, regulations and procedures.
- Assesses procurements for compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and procedures.
- Oversees the consultant selection processes to maintain adequate controls and optimal efficiency.
- Reviews the results and recommendation for award for various procurements and initiates the commencement of the contract process.
- Acts as a liaison to consultants and other business partners with respect to procurement matters.
- Recommends and implements policy for the Construction Fund with respect to the procurement process.
- Maintains procurement procedures and makes appropriate modifications and updates.
- Works closely with the Opportunities Unit to assist with the Fund's furtherance in providing opportunities for MWBE and SDVOB firms.
- Keeps informed as to developments in procurement methodologies, statutes and regulations that may impact the Fund.
- Acts as liaison with the NYS Comptroller and other regulatory agencies related to the procurement process.
- Maintains relationships with procurement professionals from other entities in order to explore and collaborate on best practices.
- Monitors individual procurements and measures durations and other aspects of the procurement process in order to assess its effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provides training and consultation to Fund and Campus staff regarding procurement issues, regulations and procedures.
- Assists in the development and implementation of vendor and contractor education programs that will assist firms in doing business with the Construction Fund.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in Capital Procurement are required. Experience with competitive bidding of construction projects, qualification and best-value based procurements of consultants, particularly on behalf of a governmental entity is desired. Knowledge in the establishment of term consultant agreements, job order contracting, design-build contracting and other procurement methodologies is a plus. Supervisory experience required.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State retirement, generous health, dental, vacation, sick and personal time.