Estimator (Office of Program Management)
The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York’s building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, seeks an energetic and motivated individual to join our Office of Program Management in Albany, NY as Estimator. This position is responsible for providing budgeting and estimating services for Planning and Design units.
Specific Duties & Functions:
- Review scope and justifications of proposed and planned construction projects and develop conceptual estimates.
- Review project design phase estimate submissions for scope, quantities, and pricing and conformance with Fund accepted guidelines.
- Generate project budget estimate and design phase approval memos.
- Prepare bid tabulation analysis and participate in post bid investigations when necessary.
- Assist in annual escalation calculations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction industry, including a minimum of 5 years as an estimator. College level education may be substituted for industry experience only on a year-for-year basis but not exceeding 4 years.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise format.
- The ability to demonstrate judgment and discretion in matters of confidentiality.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office suite, project management systems, and estimating applications.
Offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including New York State Pension/Retirement, Health Insurance (including Rx, Dental, and Vision), Vacation, Sick, Personal time, 13 paid holidays, and much more!