The State University Construction Fund (Fund), a New York State entity dedicated solely to the State University of New York's building and infrastructure assets at 32 campuses and 3 teaching hospitals, seeks an energetic and motivated individual to join our Controller's Services team in Albany, NY as Junior Accountant. This position is responsible for processing and monitoring contract encumbrances and payments. This desired candidate must be precise, direct, courteous and professional both verbally and when preparing written communication.
Specific Duties & Functions:
- Prepare and process Contract Encumbrance Requests (AC340's) including initial encumbrance and subsequent changes to dollar amounts for all Fund contracts.
- Assist in providing required contract documentation and/or information to the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC).
- Monitor the funding status of all contracts and request additional funds where and when considered necessary.
- Review and monitor changes to contracts, including name, address and taxpayer identification number changes.
- Close out of Fund, campus and Office of General Services (OGS) projects in accordance with office procedures.
- Oversee accounting of OGS projects and develop OGS Project Reports.
- Support the functions of the Unit as necessary, which may include the processing of campus funding requests.
- Complete the audit of consultant and contractor payments accurately and timely, in accordance with procedures.
- Monitor that vendors are in compliance with contract payment provisions through Desk Reviews.
- Perform data analytics and reconciliations to ensure data accuracy and within and between applications.
- Run various reports for data validation and monitoring of Fund encumbrances, campus accounts, and payments. Communicate with appropriate individuals as necessary if issues or questions arise.
- Prepare and process payment adjustments (refunds, credit/debit memos) in accordance with office procedures.
- Process miscellaneous transactions, which may include OGS, New York State Department of Labor and debt service payments.
- Assist in documenting and updating Contract Administration Unit policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development, testing, and maintenance of contract / payment processing and related systems.
- Provide effective and courteous verbal and written communication with outside vendors, other agency personnel, Fund staff and campus staff.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field or an Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field plus a minimum of two years relevant experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise format. Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail. Strong accounting and information technology skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.