The State University Construction Fund (Fund) is seeking an individual to coordinate all aspects of transportation in relation to the Fund's 20 plus fleet vehicles. This individual will be responsible for fleet maintenance, vehicle assignments, personal vehicle use tracking, cost analyses, local transportation of employees to meetings and recommendations with respect to the purchase and disposition of vehicles.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Maintains a current inventory of all vehicles owned by the Fund, including the mileage, condition and repair history of each vehicle.
- Certifies that employees adhere to the Fund's fleet policies and procedures at all times.
- Schedules regular preventive maintenance and ad hoc repairs for each vehicle and assures that the maintenance and repairs are completed on a timely basis and at competitive rates.
- Assures that all vehicles maintain current registrations, inspections, insurance and other documentation required by law.
- Personally performs limited minor maintenance and repairs on vehicles, when appropriate.
- Acts as the Fund liaison with respect to accidents and resulting repairs and claims for damages.
- Makes recommendations on the purchase and disposition of vehicles for the Fund and arranges for such upon approval of management.
- Assigns vehicles to Fund staff members that require transportation to job sites, meetings, etc.
- Tracks vehicle usage by Fund employees and the cost of maintaining the fleet.
- Provides recommendations with respect to reimbursement rates for the discretionary business use of personal vehicles.
- Keeps abreast of statutes and regulations governing the purchase, use and disposition of vehicles and assures that the Fund remains in compliance.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
An associate degree in a related field plus a minimum of five (5) years of fleet management experience. Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and repairs is required. Knowledge of New York State's statutes and regulations governing the purchase, use and disposition of vehicles and assures that the Fund remains in compliance. Good knowledge of driving safety practices, traffic laws and regulations. Good knowledge of the geographical area; ability to follow oral and written directions; ability to work well with others; dependable; ability to keep records and prepare reports. The candidate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and have a valid NYS Driver's License. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and be able to juggle multiple priorities with minimal supervision. Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
An excellent fringe benefit package is available.